Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shopping, shopping and more shopping.

     Last time I wrote I was suppose to be on the way to register for wedding gifts, well that didn't happen. Instead I think I spent 4 hours in Hobby Lobby, 2 hours in Marshalls, 2 hours in Ross, 3 hours in Savers, and like 3 hours in Sams Club. Lets just say it was the longest weekend of my life, I did get a lot of decoration for the wedding, maybe a menu in mind, and I got my flower girl dress. She will probably be the only one in a dress cause I haven't started to look for mine yet.
     Its really funny because I was positive that I was gonna be the BIGGEST bridezilla ever in history, and for those who know my personality then you know exactly why I predicted that, but I'm not. I haven't even let my OCD get the best of me yet. I actually haven't done one ounce of work on the wedding besides the weekend of shopping. My parents have done it all so far, which I am so grateful for. My dad got me the photographer who just won Arizona Wedding Photographer for 2011, his name is Brian Minson you can check him out here http://www.brianminson.com/. Then my mom has been doing the guest list, center pieces, decorations, and renting everything we need. Then Tyler's dad Kim his make me my cup cake stand.
     Kim and Brandon (Tyler's older Bro) came down this weekend and they are building me a shelving unit in my garage (yippie, yeay) which I am so excited for because I am such a OCD freak that now that I have shelving for my 2 year storage I can categorize the cans and then alphabetize the cans accordingly. Yes organizing make me very happy, and I enjoy it, it like sooths my OCD inside. I also think they are going to build me shelves in the master bedroom since Tyler and I will be taking over. Then after that I am going to ask them for put up bird spikes on my roof. I know they are so so so ugly but those birds poop and it runs down the side of my house and looks absolutely horrid. I know after this weekend of house projects he is gonna re-think this marriage thing, but I am just trying to get the house ready so that after the wedding we can just move in with out having to do to much work. I'm just not sure the house fixing up will ever end. Just this week we have started to shampoo carpets, hang curtain rods, put together ikea dressers and much more. We are doing all this while I'm in school and working, and Tyler is trying to work between 50-60 hours a week. We have never been so busy in out lives, I was expecting engagment to be all love and cuddling but ours seems like it cleaning and building. I guess it all has to be done so doing it now rather then later is the best way to conquer it.
     When people are stressed or have a lot on their plate some exercise, some eat, some work, I organize/clean. With everything that has been going on I have thinned out mine and Marcae's clothes. It was actually her idea but she sorta tricked me into it, she knew I was stressing and she knew once she got me started she could get me to organized any thing. We started on the master closet and worked out way down to the garage.. the result was 10 bags of clothes to donate, 25 pairs of shoes, 5 bags of garbage like or stuff we figured no one would want. This is the yard sale pile. Can you say extra wedding money... I think yes.
View 031401233...jpg in slide show
That's all for now I have to get up early, I have to help shampoo the guest room, and hang curtains before going to work at 5. I am still super excited to get us moved into one house and begin our lives together I get more and more excited everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment